even the most beautiful bodies
age and wither away.
invest in cultivating the Dharma,
and not wasting time being attached
to impermanent things.
but my spirit
is still on fire
i love you
i want to run from you
i run towards you
what should i do?
in the end,
life is good,
with the people you love
(Ink brush drawing)
Hidden sages in dark alleys
sitting alone pondering the moon
I am exhausted yet still grateful,
because I am free.
I wanted to write a little manifesto for my readers and for myself to encourage myself and others to keep writing.
Reasons For Writing:
- I write to participate in an act of creating.
- I write to share my experiences with hopes that it might be helpful to someone else.
- I write poetry to put words to feelings I can’t always express in other ways.
- I write to reflect, and to grow.
- I write so I can remember where I have been, where I am going, but especially so I can open up to the now.
This is just a short list of why I write. Why do you write? I would love to hear your reasons why you write and create. Thanks for reading.